Thursday 7 April 2016

F is for ... #atozchallenge

A-Z Challenge 2016

F is for finish
Which is something I like to do!!

For many years I would just frame my cross stitch or put it in a draw when it was completed!! Then I discovered the 'Art of Finishing' if my cross stitch into Ornaments (Ornies) or hangers :) One time I got adventurous and framed Conor's Karate Dog with his certificate :) Conor adores it :) 

Karate Dog

Ornie for a gift


There is a vast amount of ideas on-line for turning your stitching into something special :)

I really enjoy making lovely items :)

Today I am making Cara a cushion using fabric, felt and buttons with just a hint I'd stitching! Let's hope I can finish it off nice :)

Thank you once again for stopping by! If you are a new visitor then please leave your blog/Pinterest/Twitter links so I can pop over to visit you :) Please feel free to follow my blog too if you wish :)

I will 'finish' now haha
Bye for now

Heather

@xstitchchick

Pinterest



9 comments:

  1. Wonderful finishes , looking forward to seeing the pillow soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think I will be making cushions until I'm 100!! lol

      Delete
  2. Finishing off stitched pieces can often be the most difficult and/or expensive thing to do. I now try to finish each piece once stitched instead of adding it to my Box of Shame. It's not always easy though and I expect there are many stitchers who won't admit how many pieces they have waiting to be finished!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely finishes and the karate one is amazing. No wonder Conor loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome finishes Heather. I hope someday to be able to make all these little characters that I'm stitching this month into ornaments. I have no idea how.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If you want some help with making your little characters into ornaments please give me a shout :D Happy to help :D

      Delete
  5. Love your stitching blog :) I usually just frame my stitches, but I'm quickly running out of wall space! Hanging ornaments and pillows are great alternatives. I've also turned a couple into book covers :)

    Ros
    Fangirl Stitches cross stitching A-Z
    Travel like a Geek Harry Potter Tour

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your karate stitching with the sertificate, what a great idea! I like making ornaments too, at least if I can avoid dragging out the sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete