Monday 4 April 2016

C is for ... #atozchallenge

A - Z Challenge 2016

C is for Cotton
Which is used to stitch fabric together


I am a cross stitcher at heart and we call our cotton 'thread' or if you are from another part if the world you may say 'floss' :)

No matter were u live it all means the same ... The stringy thing which we adore!! :)

Cotton on reels has become a new passion for me over the past few months as I have become a machine sewer since my parents bought me a sewing machine for Christmas :D

My cotton collection is small but my ambition is big :)

This weekend I turned a picture that Katie drew into a cushion for her!! We are both delighted with the result lol ... Yes you guessed it, now the kids are drawing like crazy and my small cotton stash will soon be no more :( lol

Katie made a drawing then
a cushion kit!!
Ice-cream all sewn up
According to Katie's 'pattern'!!
Ice-cream cushion all stitched
and ready to be stuffed!
Thats all for cotton ... Mmmm cotton candy floss is now in my head!!

Sorry for the short post - my computer went down again and I am trying to control my kindle touch screen and buttons ... Its harder than it looks! lol

Have a happy Monday
Hugs
Heather

@xstitchchick






18 comments:

  1. Cotton - where would we be without it! You've used yours so creatively to stitch up the ice-cream. Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Katie! A future designer in the making perhaps?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post. So good to see the youngsters joining in with our passions.I'm writing about cotton tomorrow - but under the letter D! I wonder how I will manage that ;)

    My 'Cs' are both up now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine love joining in especially helping me make my 'to-do' list longer! I shall go and look at your 'Cs' :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Katie says thank u! All done from her very own drawing!

      Delete
  5. Katie did a fantastic on the cushion. Another crafter in the family. You better hide your cross stitch. lol

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes Linda! I shall have to stash the stash lol :D

      Delete
  6. creative kid. Very nice work. I'm not a sew/craft person at all. I would do folks' math homework, if they'd patch together my project in home ec!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Joanne ... You can do the math and I'll gladly do your home ec :D

      Delete
  7. That is very cute. I have so much cotton floss for my cross-stitching.

    Susan Says

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm the same lol It would probably wrap around the world twice over :D

      Delete