Tuesday 26 October 2010

Stitch-a-photo ... My Grandma (UPDATED)

This is the photo I am stitching.  My Grandma passed away on 9th July 2002.
My aim is to complete this by 9th July 2011, which is also the day of my 40th Birthday.


This is my stitching so far.  It is not much but it has taken me hours and hours and even more hours!


I spent last Sunday (14th November) stitching more of the Stitch-a-photo but I really do not like the colours that are used for her skin tone.  They are bright pinks and deep reds that really do not suit.  Also my Grandma's glasses where gold rimmed but the chart had red and pink toes for the frame.  So much of the same colours and they do not blend to well.  I will carry on with it just in case once it is a little more compete it shades look a lot better.

I have a black and white chart of the same photo so will stitch this chart as well and see what it starts to look like.  

This is what I have completed so far ... 


No comments:

Post a Comment